Gadgets like Apple Watch must be taken care of. Not only are they pricy, but they are functional and practical things that can manage or guide your day.
Hence, you need to observe some precautions on how to take care of your Apple Watch. You want your Apple Watch in good condition, so you may consider opting for an Apple Watch screen protector. Here are some details on what this can do for you and your Apple Watch.
What Can a Watch Screen Protector Do for You?
The Apple Watch case is already secured and scratch-resistant. As well, it is durable. On the other hand, to protect your Apple Watch from any other potential damage and receive that extra layer of protection, you may consider using a watch screen protector.
A watch screen protector has the following benefits:
- It can protect not only the face of the watch but can secure the whole front of the watch from scratches, dust, dirt, and water.
- Some watch screen protectors are shatterproof. With this, it can preclude any damage if you bump or drop your Apple Watch on a hard surface.
- It is anti-fingerprint proof. Hence, your Apple Watch looks clear and clean all the time. And you can see your Apple Watch display clearly.
- Most of these watch screen protectors are also water-repellent. Thus, your Apple Watch case is safe from splashes of water or rain.
- It will protect the boundaries of your Apple Watch.
Types of Apple Watch Screen Protector (Plastic vs Glass Screen Protector)
Apple Watch screen protectors are created from two materials, namely plastic and hardened glass. A plastic screen protector might have the robustness you are waiting for, especially if you always drop your Apple Watch.
On the other hand, if you want your Apple Watch to look better and more stylish, you may opt for tempered glass. Read on to see the detailed comparison between the two materials.
Plastic screen protectors are either made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) or polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The TPU is resistant to grease, abrasion, and oil, which can protect your Apple Watch. It is also flexible and transparent.
This kind of plastic is most commonly used for electronic devices, including the Apple Watch screen protector. The polyethylene terephthalate is also known as a thermoplastic polymer. When combining with fibers or glass, it gets strong and long-lasting.
Meanwhile, tempered glass, also known as toughened glass, is processed using thermal or chemical treatments, which make it stiff and sturdy. Besides, it is safety glass and considered thermally tougher than the normal glass.
The thickness of the glass is around 0.3 to 0.5 mm. And the plastic screen protectors are thinner than glass with about 0.1millimeter thickness.
The compressive stress on the tempered glass increases its effectiveness. Hence, with this, tempered glass is harder than the plastic cover protector. On the other hand, some expensive plastic screen protectors are better than inexpensive tempered glass. Also, the glass may shatter or crack.
Plastic is thin compared to glass. Because of this, the glass screen protectors look quite big and thick and may appear to bulge out than the plastic, which becomes an issue for some. If you want your Apple Watch to look sleek, then go for the plastic cover protector. On the other hand, the glass screen protector is smoother than plastic. And it may also look like an original face or screen of the watch.
Here are some examples of screen protectors made of plastic and tempered glass for the Apple Watch.
1. Screen Protector for Apple Watch 4 3 2 1
This screen protector can provide excellent protection for your Apple Watch Series 1 (2015), Series 2 (2016), Series 3 (2017), Series 4 (2018), Series 5 (2019). It’s made from TPU material that is soft, lightweight, and flexible.
It has a sleek design with only 1.1 mm thickness. Hence, you can easily navigate your Apple Watch. Also, you may choose from the 4 colors available such as rose-gold, transparent, silver, and black. The screen, digital crown, speaker, and the power button also have a perfect fit. Besides, you will not notice the screen protector on your Apple Watch.
2. Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 4/44mm
Are you looking for a sturdy tempered glass screen protector for your Apple Watch Series 5/4 44mm? Well, this screen protector is what you are looking for. It has a hydrophobic and oleophobic screen coating that blocks out the oil, dust, bubbles, and fingerprints.
Besides, it is scratch-resistant with the 9H hardness level that makes it durable and ready to wear outdoors. What we like about this screen protector is that it is easy to install and maintain.
How to Install/Uninstall the Apple Watch Screen Protector?
The Apple Watch screen protector must perfectly fit onto your Apple watch case. There are some steps on how doing it. Also, you should correctly remove your Apple Watch screen protector to prevent damage. To practice this, read the following steps:
1. Simply lift the tempered glass or plastic screen protector from each corner.
2. When you see it coming up, stop pulling it from the corner and move in the middle of the protector and start tearing it.
3. You may tear the screen protector evenly and slowly until you strip it off the Apple watch case.
How to Clean the Apple Watch Screen Protector
To extend the life of your Apple Watch glass screen protector, it is advisable that you clean it from time to time. To clean or maintain it, follow the steps below:
1. Get water with soap. Don’t use any abrasive cleaners or chemical-based cleaners and vinegar.
2. Put the soapy water onto the glass screen protector. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Take a microfiber cloth and wipe the screen. This will remove any dirt, dust or sticky thing on the screen, and it will shine like new again.
Likewise, for the plastic screen protector, first wet the plastic with water, then drain it toward one edge. This will remove any microfiber particles or dust. Get a cloth, then gently wipe the screen protector. Then, pat it dry with a clean microfiber cloth. Never use paper towels to dry the plastic protector because it will leave lint on the cover.
The Bottom Line
Give your Apple watch an extra layer of security by using a watch screen protector. It comes with a hard plastic and smooth tempered glass material, among others.
So, which material suits your lifestyle and Apple Watch? Whichever material you opt for, you can be sure that your precious Apple Watch will be more protected from dust, dirt, and water.